Saturday, March 13, 2021

NMS: Genetically Engineered Pets 2

Original: Najuan

Portal glyphs for Najuan LX

This is Najuan from planet Najuan LX (a lush planet with red grass, bubbles and non-hazardous storms [just the anomaly strength changes] in the AGT Rafurca system in Eissentam galaxy). I call her my "land shark" because of her tail and she can move pretty quick. She's much more gentle than most sharks though, and she likes to be useful, so I ride around on her and let her scan the environment for things like oxygen or sodium or dihydrogen crystals, and sometimes she goes running off and brings samples back for me.

Companion Register profile for Najuan

She laid an egg and I modified it in the Egg Sequencer at the Anomaly. We made her offspring larger (sodium), changed the anatomy (copper), changed the colour (dioxite) and the next generation will be even more helpful (oxygen). The result was Ptyerro.

Modification of Najuan's egg

Generation 1: Ptyerro

Ptyerro is larger and more helpful, like expected. The green and brown colouring has been replaced with silver and grey, the wasp-type wings have been replaced with fins while the knobbly toes have been replaced with claws.

I didn't really like the new colour so when Ptyerro laid an egg, my first goal was to change the offspring colour. I looked at what ingredients I had available in my inventory and looked at a chart from reddit about probable colours based on ingredient. I had some pugneum but didn't see it on the chart so I thought I'd try it out. I wanted to see what other anatomical changes were possible so I added some magnetised ferrite I had just collected from my mine. I also made the offspring the maximum helpfulness (100%) with more oxygen, but left size alone. The result was the delightful Drainelle.

Modification of Ptyerro's egg

Generation 2: Drainelle

Drainelle came out a lovely mixture of strawberry and chocolate stripes and she won my heart when after I fed her, she danced around on her hind legs a bit then curled up and fell asleep at my feet. The magnetised ferrite didn't seem to have much effect on her anatomy though - she still has fins and claws and the same head and tail and overall shape as Ptyerro. Oh well, we'll try something else once she lays an egg but I think she's a keeper.


No comments:

Post a Comment